Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Koolaid Play dough




I remember when I was little missing pre-school. I was so sad my mom made me purple play dough. It was the best stuff ever.

I decided to pass it on to LiLi. Only I found a different recipe then what my mom used. This particular recipe uses Koolaid. It's wonderful, because it has a really nice smell, unlike most play doughs. It also gets softer the more you knead and play with it. And it doesn't stain the counter, your clothes, or hands when you make it. Plus the colors are really cute...why doesn't Play-doh make cuter colors? Obviously, you can use any flavor you want. I went to the store the other day and bought every Koolaid flavor they had (which consisted of eight). Today LiLi picked Pink Lemonade.

The recipe is simple:

  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup salt
  • 1 pkt. Koolaid
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 cup boiling water

Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir in oil. Add water and stir with fork until dough-like. When cool enough, knead until smooth. If still to sticky, feel free to add more flour.

Play.



Store in a ziplock (or airtight container) so it won't dry out.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, especially when you have a 1-year-old who thinks it is okay to eat play dough. This one won't make him sick :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like a great big wad of taffy, and i want to eat it. so it's good to know it's non-toxic. :)

    i love lili's constant one pigtail hairdo. :)

    ReplyDelete